Friday, January 12, 2018

The Return

Hello friends,

It's been a while hasn't it? Dustin’ off the ol’ blog machine thing. My daughter wasn’t even born yet the last time I posted on here. Now she’s three???

WEIRD. Anyway...

As hopefully most of you have seen, Marble Hornets will be returning this year. ALSO WEIRD. I hoped to keep the exact format of it a bit of a secret, but due to me forgetting to change the file name of the teaser image on Discord like a big dummy, it was revealed early by mistake. Oops.

So, if you haven't heard already, it's going to be a comic series! As a lifelong lover of comics and graphic novels, this has always been a dream of mine. It’ll also be nice to get out of the video headspace and have something totally new to work on.

I’m writing the story myself, which is going to take place some time after the end of the Youtube series. I’m not ready to reveal much more than that, but I think you’re going to really like where it goes. The plan - and this could change - is to have the story arc progress over 5 issues.

As far as art goes, well, I'm not very well trained when it comes to that, so I've gotten a professional artist ready to go! It's none other than the amazingly talented Jackie Reynolds (IG / Twitter / Tumblr). You may remember Jackie as the designer of the Earth And Space poster originally for sale on the store...

This one
...as well as countless Marble Hornets themed artworks on Tumblr. Ever since seeing Jackie’s work from wayyy back when this whole thing started I wanted to work together on something, so I’m super stoked for this opportunity. But there is an elephant in the room that we need to address before we get ahead of ourselves.

Ugh. Money.

Making a comic like this isn’t cheap by any stretch of the imagination. I originally wanted to do a Kickstarter for all issues at once, but I’ve decided to try a more novel approach for funding at least the first issue before getting around to that, and it’s also a way that you can help out!

I still have a large amount of things that were used in the production of Marble Hornets - props, costumes, scripts, equipment - that are basically mothballed right now. My daughter is growing up at an alarming rate and is going to need more space soon, so I think it’s time for me to finally part with a lot of it. That’s where you come in!

Starting relatively soon, I’m going to be putting these things up for auction to help fund this next adventure. All money raised will go directly into its production, and all auction winners will have their names listed in the first issue of the comic. I’ll be sad to see a lot of it go, but I know that they’ll all be going to good homes.

So there you have it, everything currently going on with the return of Marble Hornets! It’s a really exciting time and I can’t wait for all of you to see this next chapter. I’ll be checking comments here often to answer any questions you folks might have, as well as adding to this post once I start realizing things I forgot to mention.

-Troy

42 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 iam playing Jay's sister

      Delete
  2. Can't beat the good ol' blog machine! Glad to see it still works well :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't mean to be in grateful but I was expecting the video series....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean we already have ECKVA, so...

      Delete
    2. And honestly I can't understand eckva... And I miss the thac channel and the team work

      Delete
  4. I still don't believe Brian's dead
    And we gonna see more of skully?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skully is on the preview image, so yeah lol

      Delete
  5. Where would the comics be posted and would they be free to public if they are indeed a webcomic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where would the comics be posted and would they be free to public if they are indeed a webcomic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said on twitter or facebook there will be a digital (and maybe) a physical copy, which implies it'll be a paid product

      Delete
    2. Honetsly I'd love it to be a physical paid product more because I'd love to collect the series. Also, I'd love to contribute to Troy making a profit off it as well.

      Delete
  7. Are you going to post where the auction is going to be on Twitter or something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im really excited about this! I hope it all goes well. Any idea how long it will take until its finished?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna cry I have been waiting for this forever ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey troy! im so excited for the sequel!! quick question tho, I see that you're the sole writer in this, so what does this mean in terms of revenue for Tim and Joseph? I'd feel a little bad if I purchased these comics and they didn't get anything!

    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are any of the other boys involved? It not, I'm afraid I won't be tuning in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a comic, so I don't see the difference...

      Delete
    2. Same here.... it's not the same without them. This isn't marble hornets I'm sorry.

      Delete
  12. I'm already waiting for something beautiful and interesting. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will you be putting the "camera" in the auction? Mo I don't care if it's busted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where is the auction

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to hear there is going to be more to the series, and curious to see how marble hornets plays out in comic form. Hope to find out more about the operator, and how dying near the operator affects thing. Since you hinted at that in one of your panels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm hyperventilating! It's been so long, I'm so excited! Makes me want to rewatch the Marble Hornets series

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm hyperventilating! It's been so long, I'm so excited! Makes me want to rewatch the Marble Hornets series

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where will these things be auctioned? Marble Hornets has a sweet spot in my heart. So much I got a tattoo and a signed copyvof your MH bluray dvd. So im very interested~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait for dis

    ReplyDelete
  20. im so excited for this!! will we have to buy the comics or will they be available online to read?? i couldn't be happier, marble hornets is my most favorite series in the world and the return of it is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. im so excited for this!! will we have to buy the comics or will they be available online to read?? i couldn't be happier, marble hornets is my most favorite series in the world and the return of it is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woo! I'm so excited! Looking forward to the comic, Marble Hornets has a very special place in my heart, made me cry and laugh and scream at the screen in frustration a lot haha. Hope it goes well! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  23. To be honest.. I'm greatly looking forward to this. I loved the video series sure but having it as a novel will in my opinion be really smart and won't have to waste money on gas driving around as much.. at least I don't think.. I know it's not cheap to do visual novels in the slightest either.. but my thing is.. I know that's Skully's mask.. is he going to be brought into this? A serious question for fans I'm sure lol. But will Tim too? Cause idk if The actor will claim portrait rights on a char he played as. But then again since your the creator you would definitely know more on that.. sorry must sound stupid. I'm a huge fan but here I am talking about this crap.. ugh I need a better brain. But anyway I hope this venture goes great! I'm greatly looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL it's like 2019? and i'm here
    I swear to God, when the MH comics show up, I'm going to die, only with respect.









    this brings determination for me to be able to make my future BOIIS web series

    ReplyDelete
  27. ÇOK HEYCANLANDIM ELİNDEN GELENİNİ YAP

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... CPAP machine masks

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so excited about this!! will we have to buy the comics or will they be available online to read? I like your post. sad poetry about father death

    ReplyDelete