Friday, April 8, 2011

Sellout puns ahoy

UPDATE: Let's play Amnesia is back! We'll be starting at 7:30 EST
http://www.blogtv.com/people/buttfuzz/

------------------------------

In only 48 hours, we managed to sell one thousand DVDs.

Two days. The whole stock.

Gone.

I can't even comprehend that. Your generosity for our little internet project gives me such a warm, fuzzy feeling that I think if I were to open my mouth too wide a kitten would fall out.

Our producer jumped ahead of schedule and ordered 1000 more DVDs. Not sure when they'll be ready. From what I'm being told, there shouldn't be that long of a wait if you didn't manage to get one of the first runs.

While we were busy being all excited, Joseph was quick to ask me when we're next scheduled to do some actual shooting. In all the hubbub, I forgot that there's still a ton of work left to be done on our end. We're officially scheduled, according to Joseph, for "probably tonight when I get off work". I don't have classes today due to my school's Honors Day, but of course Joseph is pulling a double. What a buzzkill. I'm going to try and enlist a person or two to go out and help me shoot the easier stuff while I wait.

Typically when I get people to help with easy shots, it's to make me look less crazy pointing a camera at myself in public.

19 comments:

  1. Is there any way of knowing whether or not I managed to get one of the first 1000?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the lets play!
    Troy i added tim to my friends list on steam but do you and Joesph accept friend invites from fans on steam too? if you do it'd be great to play some TF2 with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accept Steam invites, but I've been so busy lately that I'm rarely on there. Still, if you want to add me, I'm WineCannon. Hopefully there will be more time to play TF2 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be embarrassed going out in public with cameras. By now I've done it so often that it doesn't even cross my mind. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. alright thanks man i'll send you an invite. Will Joesph be joining you and Tim for the let's play tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised you are still self-conscious at all while pointing a camera at yourself in public. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really glad you get that warm fuzzy feeling, because you've created this cool internet project that's been great entertainment and fun for so many people. Thank you. Relay this to the rest of the Marble Hornets team, too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gz on the super salage. Eagerly awaiting my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. $11.95 times 1000 in 48 hours? That's amazing, even if money is not the biggest motivator at all.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am incredibly excited about there being a dvd, but do you mind not having it linked to from the mh twitter page?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can people still order copies despite it being sold out at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Troy, do you still accept Xbox Live requests or is your friend thing filled?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you think the 2nd batch of DVDs will be out before May 18th?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ThatOneChick: Yes.

    Not sure if I'm first or second batch. Don't really care, either - it's amazing that you guys sold a thousand in two days. Heck, you guys sell four digits in discs in the time it takes me to do an essay...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Troy, I ordered mine (and I believe the money went on my card) but I never got an order confirmation sent to me--is this supposed to happen?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Troy--would it be possible to get an interview with you about the whole Marble Hornets phenomena? I'm trying to write an article for it for a journalism class. I can do phone, email, anything please email me or something. I really hope I can work this out with you!
    kategaschnig@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Troy I tried to add ya on Steam but it says you don't exist!

    I'm [TMR]Pizzaguylol on there if you wanna play tf2 sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww~ Your steam list is filled :( You should create a group so I can actually play games with you on there ^^; I'm still getting the bases of Team Fortress down. You should add me though. The sn is menasay.

    ReplyDelete