Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No Time to Breathe

I couldn't be happier with how everything has been working out with Marble Hornets thus far. I've been reading everywhere that people are excited for the story to be picking up again. This is definitely what we hoped would happen from the very beginning of season two. We knew that a lot of people were going to start getting antsy with the claustrophobic nature of the hotel entries, but we kept the slow burn going in order to make it that much more satisfying once it starts moving forward again. From what I've been reading (and I've been looking through a lot), we've accomplished that pretty nicely. High five, team!

That being said, it's time to get back to work. With the posting of Entry #33, we have pretty much exhausted our current stash of raw footage. That means we have to get back out there and do some more actual shooting. But before doing that, we've got to do a little preproduction. Things like finalizing the "roadmap" for the next batch of entries and getting rehearsals done. It shouldn't take too long, but there's probably going to be a little extra time between now and the next entry. Don't worry though, it won't be anything compared to some of the gaps we had during season one. That's a promise!

BONUS:

Here's another behind the scenes-esque picture. I think explaining the context will ruin it, though:


Maybe we'll tell you about it one day. Maybe in the special features section of some magical disc read by lasers. Who can say.

15 comments:

  1. Excellent, excellent work on Entry #33! The suspense was pulled off very well. I am at the edge of my figurative seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm hoping we can keep you there :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the awesome job!

    the disc-read-by-lasers thing could be EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see Marble Hornets on laserdisc. It's really the only medium that could do Tim's sideburns justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Troy, really enjoying Season 2, thanks for the update, I just found the blog. Did want to ask though, there is a minor thing that was discovered in Entry #33 Normally, I wouldn't ask, but there is a room discrepancy. I'm sure you've seen the posts so you probably know about it. I was just wondering if there was any way we could know if it were an In Game thing or an Out of Game thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again sterling work on #33, particularly liked the over the shoulder shot of the fingers curling around the door. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell us, Troy, were they warping?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure but I think we're supposed to wait for the answer to come to us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't answer any kind of story related question you guys may have. Where would the suspense go if I told you everything? Come onnnnn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. :3 When it's been a while since something's been posted, I find myself randomly refreshing youtube. I <3 this because I'm pretty desensitized to creepy stuff. And this series seriously unnerves me :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I appreciate your commitment, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just a mistake you missed that we'd have to debate for 1000s of man hours whether or not it's canon or a production error.

    I mean, we already have the tim=?masky=?TTA, do we really need another one of these? :P (The obvious answer is yes)

    Love the work your doing, keep it up, but not at the expense of school or your life, you guys deserve some fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly, I was losing hope in the series since season two started. It didn't give me that same feeling as the previous season. But as of entry 33, I can finally see and appreciate the big picture. There is so much potential that lies in front of you guys. Keep up the good work. :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't hold myself back to clap when I saw the hand at the door in entry #33. I was like "Oh yeah, he's back"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge, huge fan, Troy, and I'd never ask you to compromise your plot... and not to beat a dead horse, or anything, but if you would, be so kind as to humor us and answer clearly...

    You are neither confirming nor denying that the room-number discrepancy in entry 33 is a production error? is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  15. In the Marble Hornets, there are no errors ^_^

    ReplyDelete